The ISA Water/Wasteweater Division was at this year’s Water Environment Federation’s 2016 WEFTEC show in New Orleans, Louisiana on Sept 24-28, 2016. This mark’s the fifth year anniversary of the ISA WWID hosting a special automation focused Technical Session at WEFTEC.
This year’s session no exception:
WEFTEC 2016 – New Orleans Morial Convention Center – New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
WEFTEC FEATURE SESSION 208
How to identify threats and manage cyber security risks for SCADA systems used in Wastewater Operations, as well as building the business case for investing in cyber security
A special session focused providing practical best practices for managing Cyber Security risks in SCADA Systems and Operations. Special focus is on identify threats, managing risks, deploying best practices and establishing the business case for cyber security. The session highlights three top papers from the ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium, which is held each August in Orlando FL USA. The WEF Automation and Information Technology Committee has partnered with the ISA to present this niche ISA symposium which takes place during the first week of August each year. This WEFTEC feature session provides WEFTEC attendees the opportunity to listen to three of the best speakers from this joint ISA-WEF event.
Three speakers (in order, 30 minutes each):
- Looking for Trouble on OT Networks: Tools and Techniques to Identify Threats to ICS Communications
Bryan L Singer, CISSP, CAP, Kenexis
- No compromises for secure SCADA Communications – even over 3rd Party Networks
Norman Anderson, P.E., Polk County – Utilities Division, and Sokha Hay, Tempered Networks
- First – Make A Business Case For Cybersecurity
Don Dickinson, Phoenix Contact
- Tom DeLaura, Past Chair, WEF Automation and Information Technology Committee
- Pavol Segedy, General Symposium Chair, ISA Water/Wastewater & Automatic Controls Symposium, International Society of Automation