The program committee for the recently-held 2012 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium in Orlando, Florida is pleased to announced the winners of the awards for best paper, best presentation and best poster. A full news release will be issued shortly.
The awards winners from the 2012 symposium are as follows:
Best Paper 1st PRIZE:
High Fidelity Extended Period Dynamic Simulation in Development and Testing of Control Systems for Water Treatment and Distribution Facilities
- Creig Wilson, CH2M HILL
- Jared Thorpe, CH2M HILL
Best Paper 2nd PRIZE:
Securing Critical Control Systems in the Water Sector – Where do I begin?
- Don Dickinson, Phoenix Contact
Best Paper 3rd PRIZE:
Development of an Integrated Business Solution with Telemetry and GIS
- Michael Waddell, CDM Smith
- Isabel Szendrey, Puerto Rico Water Authority
Best Paper Honorable Mention:
Optimization of Wastewater Lift Station for Reduction of Energy Usage and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- David Wilcoxson, MWH Americans
- Travis Crane, JEA, Jacksonville, Florida
Best Presentation 1st PRIZE:
Using Cyber Security Evaluation Tool (CSET) for a Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Bob Dusza, Manchester Water & Sewer Dept. – Manchester, Connecticut
Best Presentation 2nd PRIZE:
Mobile Devices for SCADA Integration and Beyond: Considerations, Security and Applications
- Pavol Segedy, Brown & Caldwell
- Brandon Erndt, Brown & Caldwell
Best Presentation 3rd PRIZE
So you have SCADA, what’s next?
- Grant Van Hemert, Schneider Electric
Best Presentation: Honourable Mention
Asset Tracking and Revision Control for Automated Water/Wastewater Control Systems
- Blair Sooley, Trihedral Engineering,
Best Poster 1st PRIZE:
Planning and Designing SCADA Systems for Wastewater Collection Optimization
- Norman Anderson, CH2M HILL
Additional awards Awards:
We also gave out the following supplementary awards at the symposium itself.
- 1st Prize – Most prolific “Twitter Participant” during symposium – Jason Hamlin, Plant Electronics Technician, City of Lunchburg
- 2nd Prize – Most prolific “Twitter Participant” during symposium – Pavol Segedy, Brown & Caldwell
- Random Draw Prize for “Twitter Participant” – Marcel Avendano, CDM Smith
Please join us in congratulating all of our award winners!